- Watermelon – Ripped only in summer, this big red ball of health is filled with water and taste. The amount of water present in this fruit helps you in being hydrated and keeps your body cool. Watermelon also acts as in defense and protects your skin from sunburn. You won’t get food cravings after its consumption, it keeps your tummy feels filled. It is also good for people with high blood pressure, but in a limit. This one ought to be consumed almost every day in summer.
- Oranges – Oranges are sweetest, juiciest summer fruit full of nutrients. Orange is low in calories and keeps your blood pressure in check. Orange is also a source of Vitamin C which is the most required vitamin in your body after an age. Vitamin C is also an antioxidant that is also useful in skin damage caused by sun rays. Not only oranges, but their peel also performs wonders on your skin. It lightens your skin tone and erases all the scars and shades.
- Mango – Mango is called the king of fruits. There are many reasons for calling it so and one of them is the long list of its benefits. It is proven by research that mango prevents cancer. Mango, when mixed with milk, becomes a source of strength. Mango shake increases immunity and gives you the strength to perform better. Vitamin A present in mango helps with good eyesight and stops night blindness. Mangoes have enzymes that break down protein and improves digestion. Like oranges, mango is also beneficial for skin. Those skin pores you can’t get rid of, mango removes them.
- Litchi – Litchi though arrives a little late in summer but is worth the wait. The taste and sweetness of litchi are exquisite, plus it is also a source of nutrients. Apart from the taste, litchi also excels in health factor. It is filled with Vitamin B & Vitamin C and minerals like magnesium and potassium. It is also proven to be helpful in asthma. The antioxidants present in Litchi have cancer-fighting abilities. The minerals help in proper blood circulation throughout the entire body. It prevents signs of aging and promotes hair growth as well.
- Peaches – Peaches are also high in Vitamin C. The fiber present in peaches fills you up without increasing weight. Peaches also cure metabolic syndrome. It also lowers the risk of cancer. It is a mixture of all the nutrients – protein, carbohydrate, calcium, fiber, iron, magnesium, sugar and rich in various vitamins – A, C, E, and K. Though you should try to consume peaches that are canned in water and not the one canned in syrup. Peaches with syrup are not so healthy and can increase your sugar level.
Even at an early age, children dream of becoming a world-class chef one day. It starts with using cookie cutters to assist a busy mom one day. Before they know it, they are already participating in cooking contests or selling their homemade goodies to families and friends. While this is the most normal course of events for people who became good chefs, there are other ways to develop one’s cooking abilities. Experience is very helpful but cooking good food for commercial purposes requires certain set of skills and knowledge.
First, an aspiring cook should learn about food safety and preparation. Food contamination should be avoided at all costs since it can bring health problems that can even lead to legal issues. Cooking begins as far as handling and storing raw food. Great meals begin with having choice ingredients that are properly prepared. On a business level, cooks are required to comply with government regulations on food safety. Inspections are carried out by government agencies to ensure that a certain facility is maintaining hygienic practices.
Second, cooking means versatility in the kitchen. It means chopping or peeling vegetables at one time or carving meat the following day. One must be indispensable by learning various tasks that are useful in the kitchen. Before one could even become a sous chef, a person must be equipped with different culinary skills. Specialization happens only after some experience in doing general tasks in the kitchen. Behind the sumptuous dishes served in a restaurant is group effort that requires many skills under the strict guidance of a head chef. Additionally, it is not enough just to familiarize oneself with recipes. Depending on the type of business, some customers have a preference for some cuisine. Vegetarian, kosher, or peanut-free dishes must be considered when preparing food.
Third, cooking is just one aspect of business operations. It is essential to understand fundamentals of costing especially if one’s goal is to set up a diner or restaurant one day. Business requires crunching numbers to have a cost efficient operation. Even as an employee, a cook must know how to minimize expenses while producing dishes. More so is expected when running your own restaurant. Marketing is another aspect of management that must be learned by people who want to make money out of their cooking skills. It means creating a business system that will bring in money by getting more customers and minimizing expenses.
Cooking as an interest can be very fulfilling if you know how to enhance your skills. Many people have been successful cooks who have traveled around the world through cruise ships. Some end up as a chef of a well-known restaurant while others establish their own businesses. Indeed, it all begins with the love for cooking meals that are satisfying. If you can acquire the rights skills and enough knowledge, then cooking can lead to a very rewarding career.
Skimmed milk is used to produce this powder.
- It is a milk powder which contains 1.5% fat
- It has a shelf life of 3 years
- The availability is not as much as normal milk powder
- It should be stored in a cool and dry place
- It is white or cream colour in appearance
- It has low moisture content
Let us see the benefits
- Useful for milk lovers: It is very useful for those who are conscious about their health and loves to drink milk for various reasons.
- Less care: It does not require much care like milk. And therefore it becomes a very good substitute for milk.
- Useful in travelling: Since its shelf life is more compared to the natural cow milk, it is very useful for people who love to travel. They can carry this powder easily along with them while travelling without any fear of spoiling.
- Easy storage and usage: It requires only an air tight container to store the product for future use. It is very easy to use. You have to just add hot water to the powder and your skimmed milk is ready to be drunk.
- Helps in making food items: It is also useful for making desserts, ice creams, chocolates and also in baking which are preferred by most of the people who like to eat healthy and food. Therefore, it becomes a healthy way to keep fit.
- Helps in weight loss: It helps to avoid the intake of high fat in terms of milk which in turns helps in reducing the weight of a person. So very useful for people who desire to lose weight or to maintain slim body but loves to consume milk.
- Decreases cholesterol level: it is adapted for reducing the blood cholesterol level and henceforth, protect the body from various related problems.
Unless meat is frozen in the correct manner, it is likely to get freezer burns. The meat that you buy must be put into the freezer as soon as you bring it home. Before sending it to the freezer, you should trim off its fat. It is important that you carefully wash and dry your hands, as well as the container for the storage of meat, in order to eliminate any chance of the meat getting contaminated with bacteria.
For the storage of meat, you need to use specifically made freezer bags, where you can keep the meat enclosed in a foil or plastic sheet. You may also make use of specially made plastic containers for this purpose. It helps to use wax paper for separating different pieces of meat. If you don’t intend keeping food items in the freezer, make sure that you thoroughly wrap the meat. Most meats won’t get spoiled for a couple of months when you store them in freezers.
Here are some useful tips for freezing meats. Always clean seafood before freezing it. Clams need to be shucked prior to freezing, though it is not essential in the case of oysters. Thawed meat can be refrozen, though it may affect its quality to some extent. It is imperative to freeze meat in packets of appropriate size, so that the meat will get frozen within 24 hours, lest it should go bad before getting completely frozen. One packet should contain not more than three pounds of meat.
When you want to defrost any food, keep it within the refrigerator and let it defrost slowly. Though you may also defrost it by putting it in the microwave oven, the quality of the meat defrosted in the refrigerator is better. Ensure that the item is firmly wrapped and kept over another pot to prevent juices of the frozen item from leaking into rest of the foods that the fridge may contain.
Each inhaler of contains around 200 milligrams of chocolate powder which can be enjoyed without the need to chew or and all with less than one calorie. Each container of is a chocoholics dream and a treat that can be enjoyed without all of the added calories. The great news is there is now the opportunity to inhale the great tastes of coffee with a burst of caffeine in one of these f containers. These aerosol containers allow you to have the great taste of chocolate and soon you will be able to enjoy the great taste of coffee as often as you desire without the need of a cup or the added spills!
The biggest advantage of inhaling food (whaffing) is the lack of calories that come with each food item. People enjoy eating chocolate, but have to limit the amount they eat due to the calories that come with it. With the machine, you get the delicious taste of chocolate without any of the calories. The machines are not widely available right now, but experts feel that this concept will take off in the future. There are many appealing things about the process, and it is something that you have to try to truly appreciate.
Some people have made the argument that eating a chocolate bar is such a fast process that it leaves the taste buds and is consumed before you even have a chance to enjoy the taste completely. However, each of the containers allows you to savor the taste of chocolate with each inhale as each of the tiny milligrams of chocolate land on the sides of your mouth and on your tongue providing you with extreme Chocó lateness!
For chocolate lovers, nothing can top the invention of the chocolate fountain. It is the premiere way to indulge in this favorite treat. Chocolate fountains, created in the 1920s, pump heavenly melted chocolate up through the fountain’s center, over the top, where it falls in captivating, cascading layers of warm deliciousness. In recent years, these fountains have been an ever-present staple in celebrations and kitchens around the world.
A chocolate fountain makes an inviting and lively centerpiece for your buffet table. Not only does it offer delectable treats, it can look classy and elegant if displayed correctly, and it can add a lot of fun to any party. It’s sure to be the place where people gather, not only to indulge in the tasty treats it continuously offers, but also to share memories and lively conversation. It makes a great alternative to expensive and harder to manage desserts, as well. For example, which is easier to serve and guaranteed to please more, 100 bowls of ice cream or a never-ending stream of warm, sweet chocolate?
A complete chocolate fountain setup should start with delicious, high-quality chocolate. Those with a higher concentration of cocoa butter melt beautifully in the microwave and pour easily into your fountain. If you want to change the flavor a bit, you can add some melted mints to the melted chocolate and mix well before pouring into the fountain.
There’s no end to what you can serve as dippers for the warm chocolate: wafers, cookies, marshmallows, sponge cake cubes, or pretzels will settle any sweet tooth craving. It’s always good to offer healthier alternatives as well, like bite-sized banana pieces, strawberries, or apples slices. Keep dishes of colorful jimmies, crisped rice cereal, and whipped cream close at hand for guests who want to truly decorate their dessert creations.
A chocolate fountain can be a great way for guests to warm up to each other while enjoying a tasty treat. These timeless inventions can be bought at specialty stores or rented for special events. They come in all sizes and styles and will continue to delight the young and the young at heart wherever they are presented. So plan to make chocolate a part of your celebration and let it flow freely with a wonderful chocolate fountain!
There’s no age barrier to loving chocolate. It is popular with people of every age. It tastes so good that you’re sure to find a variety that you will like no matter who you are.
The great thing about chocolate is that there are so many varieties to choose from. It comes in dark, milk and white chocolate and you’re sure to love one or all of them. The dark variety is the most intense. It has high levels of cocoa and tastes much different than the ultra creamy milk chocolate variety. White chocolate is different still and a has a tender sweetness to it.
Another aspect of chocolate is that it can be changed subtly with the addition of flavoring. There are so many types of flavorings on the market from spicy to sweet. There’s something for everyone. You eat chocolate every day for months without repeating a flavor if you really wanted to.
Chocolate makes a great gift because it travels well. It can be shipped all over and still look good and taste great when it arrives. Many chocolate companies pack their products in standard size boxes that are easy to ship.
Gifts of chocolate are lovely because their boxes are easy to wrap in pretty decorations. Some chocolate companies even do the job for you and you can select from several pretty wrappings.
If you want to complete the indulgence why not go to a chocolatier and have your loved one’s name piped right on the chocolates? It’s a special treat the your honey will be sure to enjoy. It’s personal and a lovely surprise.
It enhances and sustains the health of plant, soil, animals and human. And, it is our duty to practice organic farming in a precautionary and responsible manner to ensure well-being for both the surrounding environment and the future generations. The mainstays of this type of farming include crop rotation, composting, mixed cropping and mulching. The practice uses lesser fossil fuels and prefers biomass over animals or coal.
It basically strives to reduce wastage and air pollution, therefore, is more climate-friendly. This type of farming is self-sufficient in itself reducing emissions. Here, use of synthetic nitrogen fertilizer is prohibited and natural fertilizers are adopted more. You get better crops because the water absorption tendency is greater in organic soils. So, water can be easily conserved on organic farms. It is more of a restorative measure than a habit.
Eat it as part of salads, sandwiches, curries and soups; they will taste better in any form. Organic food rectifies your hormonal imbalance. First in the list, comes flax seed. It contains linolenic acid that facilitates hormone production. Its Omega-3 content controls the progesterone level. Other alternatives for flax seeds are walnuts and sunflower seeds but they must be soaked for few hours before they are brought to use.
Avocados, bananas and spinach are high in B6, which makes them a preferred choice for correcting the progesterone imbalance in the human body. Wheatgrass cleanses liver and filters hormones for healthy living. Its high Chlorophyll and Magnesium amount produces such enzymes that trigger sex hormones. Now, going the organic way is necessary for hormonal health because it is the hormone which affects our mood, reproductive cycle, metabolism, hunger, sleep cycles and sex life.
Therefore, powerful food choices and diet may impact our behaviour and emotional well-being to a great deal. So, we must have foods like kale, broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower, cabbages and bok choy commonly referred as cruciferous vegetables. They are high on antioxidants and protein. Just half a cup everyday or three servings every week and you may stay healthy. They can be eaten in curries, sandwiches, chutneys, stir-fries or salads, anything that comes to your mind. Thus, keep eating the organic products – need of the hour.
- Health Benefits – Pesticides used in the production of coffee beans are known to cause cancer and other harmful diseases. With regular consumption of coffee the pesticides gain entry in the human body and can cause considerable damage to the reproductive and nervous systems. When you start drinking natural coffee you may be able to eliminate all these heath risks. The stimulating agent in organic coffee helps in increasing metabolism resulting in quick weight loss. It is high in antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. The risks of certain types of cancer and diabetics are also significantly reduced when you consume natural coffee daily. It can also help with pain relief, as caffeine is a natural pain reliever.
- Environmental Benefits – Conventional coffee growers in an effort to increase production of cheap coffee clear large forest areas leading to deforestation. The nutrients from the soil disappear and the ground water supply dries up. Organic coffee is grown in the shade of the forest and this ensures that the delicate ecosystem is not affected. As pesticides are not used in its production no harmful chemicals are present in the coffee seeds and it is considered completely safe for consumption.
- Farmer Benefits – Farmers who grow organic coffee beans get support from cooperatives so that they are able to manage the high cost of production. This enables organic coffee growers to maintain their livelihood. The farms are accredited and certified so that all farming principles and procedures are followed to ensure chemical free coffee beans.
The organic beans help promote health and wellness. As no harmful chemicals or toxins are ingested in the body when you drink this beverage, it can help protect you against free radicals in the body. Although, the organic beans cost more than the conventional coffee beans they are becoming a popular choice due to their health benefits.
Numerous coffee companies are offering the popular organic variety for sale and you can make the choice depending on the specific taste preference. The organic coffee is available both in pre-grounded and whole bean form and you can make the choice as per your personal choice. The dark roasted beans offer higher level of antioxidants and are the preferred choice due to their numerous health benefits.
They are especially popular in Europe where manufacturers like Lindt and Suchard have gained a strong foothold in the market. When the specialty chocolates first came out they were hard to find. Die-hard fans had to search them out at local delicatessens or travel to places like Selfridges or Harrods in London.
By the late 1970s things changed. People on vacation in Europe returned home and praised the delicious truffles and delightful praline chocolates that they had on holiday.
To meet their demands, many small Belgian chocolate shops started opening up in the UK. These exclusive specialty shops offered the best in high quality chocolates to its customers. The shops were often very small no more than room for a few cases, shelves and customers. The shop keepers would carefully wrap the decadent treats in small eballotins, and wrap them in lovely paper and bows. Some even used beautiful silk flowers to make the gift more special. The sad thing, was that these stores were often in poorly chosen locations and failed not long after opening. The demand for chocolate caused some French and Belgian chocolatiers to open shops in the UK. The chocolate chain, Jeff de Brugges thrived in France but failed when it tried to establish a presence in the UK.
Even the big names like Godiva and Leonardis had trouble finding a foothold. Sure they found success in large department stores in London, Birmingham and Manchester but closed down small kiosks that did poor sales.